Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wii would like to play

Okay, a quick update from my tough day yesterday. I did lose two pounds this week, so it is certainly a start. And I am well on my way for hitting my first goal (at least for myself) of losing 5 lbs. And I am moving more which brings me to the topic of this post...

For anyone who has a Wii, I highly recommend the Wii Fit. We got this back in May (luckily we preordered, so no waiting) and while it does take some disciple to do it everyday, it is actually really fun to do. I have had no desire to go to the gym and workout (which hasn't been helping my cause, but that is a whole other story), but doing the Fit for just 30 minutes a day, every day, is really helping me to stay motivated. We do have DDR, but I have no rhythm (and Tim can vouch for that), so doing a step game doesn't help. Maybe after a month or so of daily workouts and regaining some of my balance, I *might* try the DDR again. My goal is work my way up from 30 minutes to an hour every day, and try to get a good mixture of strength and aerobic in.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

No comments: