Monday, July 21, 2008

The Betty's Group

There is a great group of ladies in the Cincinnati area who have and are going thru the same thing I am. Being Catholic and going thru infertility and trying to seek out some kind of treatment. We all started out seeing Dr. Mattingly and receiving a diagnosis (75% have PCOS) and now we gtg once a month for dinner to socialize, to cry on each other's shoulders and just know that we are there for each other. I have never really had this kind of support before. Yes, I have friends with whom I have talked about this with, but they never really went thru the pain and heartache of infertility, so it isn't the same. What is kinda sad is that 9 of them have had babies within the past year that I have been on break. It has certainly been a trying time this past year, but I wouldn't take it back for anything (you all know what that one exception would be).

Also, just an update on Mom. I talked to her over the weekend, and she was offered the position in Thailand and it looks like Mom and Dad are moving by the end of the year. They are going to spend 2 years there, all expenses paid plus salary, so the money is just too good to pass up. I checked ticket prices after I got off the phone and they are $3k per person one way. OMG! I am so glad that Mom offered to buy the tickets for us.

No comments: