Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Summary

1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
~ Tim and I bought a house.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
~ I don't make resolutions anymore

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
~ Yes, my SIL gave birth as well as a few of my friends.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
~ No, fortunately

5. What countries did you visit?
~ None this year

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
~ a baby

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
~ None that really stand out.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
~ Major pay raise

9. What was your biggest failure?
~ Fighting with Tim more often

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
~ none this year

11. What was the best thing you bought?
~ Our house because I know that when it is done, it will be great

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
~ Dr. Mattingly, who has been able to make some progress with me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
~ Mine, sometimes.

14. Where did most of your money go?
~ Debt, the house, and everything else in between

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
~ getting to decorate my own place

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
~ Life in a Northern Town - Sugarland

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? ~ Happier
b) thinner or fatter? ~ About the same
c) richer or poorer? ~ About the same

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
~ Get things done around the house

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
~ I wish I had been less emotional these past few months.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
~ alone for the most part...Tim had to work both nights.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
~ I fall in love every day :-)

23. What concerts did you attend this year?
~ None

24. What was your favorite TV program?
~ Eli Stone

25. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
~ Yes

26. What was the best book you read?
~ 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
~ Nothing I can think of, been listening to country for several years now.

28. What did you want and get?
~ Will be getting some new bakeware...I am in desperate need of some new ones.

29. What did you want and not get?
~ a baby

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
~ The Dark Knight

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
~ I turned 27 and went to dinner and a movie

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
~ If I had become a mother.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
~ The same as 2007

34. What kept you sane?
~ my husband

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
~ fancy?!? none

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
~ none for the most part

37. Who did you miss?
~ Our friends in Murfreesboro and everything we did together.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
~ Didn't really meet anyone this year.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
~ Patience is a virtue.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
~ "I just wanna fix my mistakes..." Blake Shelton

1 comment:

a thorn in the pew said...

Hi! I stumbled across your blog looking for some more info on Dr. Mattingly. I am near Cincinatti, too. We have dealt with infertility and recurrent miscarriage. God bless and I will bookmark your blog!