Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cold Hands, Warm Heart

As my Grandmother always said, if you had cold hands, you had a warm heart. Well tonight, I just have cold hands. I can't seem to get warm. My hands are freezing even though we have a brand new furnace and I am dressed in sweats. It also doesn't help that I am sleeping by myself. Don't get me wrong, I really like having the bed to myself, but that also means I lay there shivering trying to get warm (Tim is like an electric blanket, releasing heat to keep me warm).

Tim's back to working third shift again, 11pm to 7am. I do get to see him more than I was when he was on 2nd, but it also means sleeping in a cold bed. He doesn't mind working odd hours, he is a night owl to start with. I thought I was as well, but I found out the hard way last weekend that I can't change my sleeping habits as easily as he can. Staying up until the wee hours of the morning and trying to sleep during the day doesn't work for me.

I have found that I do enjoy the few hours I have to myself from when Tim leaves until I fall asleep. I can read, watch TV, play games, or even write as I am doing now. Once the animals calm down for the night, it is fairly quiet and I am able to get to sleep rather easily. Sometimes I am not so lucky, but it isn't long before sleep takes me away.

More later...

No comments: