Monday, March 2, 2009

Your Engagement/Wedding

Yet another one, but this one was fun.

Cut and paste and put in your own answers. Let's see how much you remember about your engagement and wedding day! Then tag 10 more people who are married.

1. Your spouse's name: Timothy Ronald Ranck

2. Where did you meet? Initially online, but met in person in front of my dorm.

3. Who asked who out first? I asked him if he wanted to meet in person, but he asked me out on our first date

4. Where was your first date? Dinner and a movie

5. What was the date of your first date? Week of January 14, 2001

6. Did you "know" on that first date, or did it take a while to realize "this is the one"? It took a few months, but I knew within the first 6 months of dating

7. How long after the first date were you engaged? 2.25 years

8. Care to share the proposal experience? We had already shopped for my ring at this point in time, so I knew it was coming, just didn't know when. The night after he picked the ring up from the jewelers, we went back to my dorm room to hang out. He told me he wanted to show me a website he had found about wedding stuff, so I sat down and looked at the site. It was a very general site until I started checking out the links and found one that said "Top Advice for Newly Engaged". As I was reading it, it didn't occur to me that the first letter of each line spelled out the proposal of "Katie Will You Marry Me" directed to me until after I made the comment of "Oh, that is nice...how cute." Tim said read it again and once I did and turned around to see him, he was down on his knee with the ring and I immediately said yes. He had setup the entire "website" just to propose and I still have a print off of it.

9. When was the engagement? April 26, 2003

10. How did you tell others? Called them all the next day

11. Where and when was your wedding? June 19, 2004 in Knoxville , TN

12. Did you receive pre-marital counseling? Engaged Encounter weekend along with meetings with the priest leading up the wedding.

13. Maid of honor? My best friend from college, Becki

14. Best man? Tim's dad

18. Colors of bridesmaid's dresses? periwinkle blue

19. Who gave the bride away? My dad walked me down the aisle and my parents gave me away and Tim's parents gave him away to me

20. Any special songs, music? "It's Your Love" by Tim & Faith was our song, and we picked all the rest out ourselves

21. Vows... traditional, repeated, or said your own? Traditional repeated vows

22. Anything funny about that day? Tim was extremely nervous and paced the cafeteria while waiting. Also since we didn't get to eat much at the reception, we ended up ordering pizza at the hotel that night

23. Where was the honeymoon? Hilton Head Island

24. Where did you first live? His parent's basement for the first 6 weeks, my parent's house the next 6 weeks and then finally we moved to Murfreesboro

25. Any special marital advice? Honesty is best, no matter what.

1 comment:

Amy Bennett said...

I didn't know you guys met online! :D